How You Can Verify Your Facebook Business Page…
The last thing you want is to add another to-do to your list, which is already pretty lengthy. For that reason, I’m going to save you some time and walk you through the simple steps to quickly verify your local business page.
But, before you actually take the time to work through them, just be sure you or your receptionist or office manager is available to take the call from Facebook and jot down the verification code. It’ll make things that much easier for you—I promise. That is, if you choose to go that route (FYI: there are two verification options).
So, without further ado, here’s how to achieve verified status in no time!
1. Click Settings at the top of your page.
2. From General, click Page Verification.
3. Click Verify this Page to get Started.
4. Enter a publicly listed telephone number for your business, your country, and your language. I’m about to share another option here soon if you prefer to go a different route.
5. Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to give your client’s place of business an automated call with a verification code.
6. Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue.
If you prefer to eliminate the need for a phone call altogether, you can choose to verify the page using a business document.
A list of acceptable digital documents include:
- Utility or phone bill sent to business
- A business license
- A business tax file
- Certificate of formation
- Articles of incorporation
If that seems like the easiest option of the two, all you’ll need to do is follow the same steps listed above for the call option, but click Verify this Page with documents instead at the bottom left of the window that appears on the screen. Then, upload a picture of an official document showing your business name and address.
Once Facebook receives your verification code or business document, it’ll review the information submitted to confirm it matches public records. Then, it’ll send you a notification or email about your verification status within a few days. A painless process to reap multiple rewards!
The bottom line is, you can help your business standout from the crowd of millions of other Facebook pages. All by simply taking the steps shared here today to add a simple grey or blue checkmark to your page. So, what are you waiting for? Add this task to your to-do list to take your client to verified status right away!
Credit must go to Dr Ben Adkins over at Closers Cafe for putting this together…
Want a Free 5 day course via email and SMS, that will help you optimise your Facebook business page? Just send a text message saying 5day to 0488811270 – Check out some 22nd century technology in action!